As a Trades Business, you know that leads are the lifeblood of your business and maintaining a good conversion rate is crucial. In our previous blog (Lead Management Success For Trades Businesses), we discussed how to convert leads. A vital component of that was the follow-up, as 80% of ‘go-aheads’ are received only after the customer has interacted with between 5 to 12 contact touch points.
Let’s face it, as a busy tradesperson, you’ve already got a lot on and scrambling for admin time. Maybe you already have a good social media presence, you have outsourced blog writing, and you keep up to date with quote requests. But how do you cope with up to 12 contact touch points per quote sent out, 20 quotes per week?
The answer is automation.
How To Automate
Let’s start off with some key questions to ask yourself for your business:
- What information does a prospective customer want to come back to them in response?
- Will they have any concerns that you can nip in the bud?
- Are they expecting the set-up of a call or appointment in the response?
- What communication channel will they be comfortable with? Email, phone, text, social media?
- Make a list of things that will be useful in a follow-up.
Next, write up what you believe is the expected follow-up sequence. You might tweak this over time.
- A ‘thank you for writing to us’ is always the first step with a promise of response in 24 hours.
- If no go-ahead is received, send a message checking that the first message went through and reinforce the benefits of engaging with your brand/business.
- The next message could answer presumed doubts that might be hindering the prospect from giving the go-ahead.
- Follow that up with a message that educates to help decision making.
- Next, educate to place your company as the best expert and service provider in the area.
All of these messages can be automated to each customer that receives a quotation. What a burden off your shoulders! To the prospective customer, it all looks very professional and thoughtful. It ensures a swift follow up and helps build trust… and with our in-built Lead Hero in built email builder, you can customise the design to look super slick.
If you want to take your business to the next level, book a call with Lead Hero. We’ll help you get your automated follow-up sorted so that you can focus on growing your business.
To book a call Click here